Ramadan is a month of fasting, reflection, commitment, kindness and sacrifice for Muslims all around the world. It is a very special time for Muslims, but the feelings and teachings experiences should stayed with throughout the year. In the Qur’an, Muslims are ordered to fast so that they may
“learn self-restraint” (Qur’an 2:183).
This limit and piety is particularly feel during Ramadan. but we all must struggle to make the feelings and attitudes stay with us during our “normal” lives. That is the factual objective and exam of Ramadan.
Ramadan is expressive of the hunger and thirst which is feel by those who spend the month in fasting. This month is by nature a time of sacrifice. Lots of people perceive fasting as a religious duty but only rare understand its health benefits. Fasting is a noble exercise, if accurately applied. It helps abolition of poisons from the body, lessens blood sugar, encourage strong eating habits and increase immunity.
Below are certain Spiritual Benefits of Fasting.
- Through fasting Muslims can understand feelings of hunger and thirst of those who have very little to eat.
- Muslims feel their selves closer to Allah, and thanks him for each and every blessing they have in their life.
- Feelings of kindness and good-will toward others is developed by doing charity as the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said,
“A man’s wealth is never lessened by charity.”
- Muslim follows noble manners, respectable language and good habits through self-control.
- Because of changing routines, Muslims have a chance to create improved lifestyle habits mainly with favors to diet and smoking.
- With family and community get-together, Muslims reinforce the promises of brotherhood and sisterhood, in their own groups and all over the world.
There are also a lot of Health Benefits of Fasting as below.
- Through fasting detoxification is promoted as processed foods contain lots of additives which may become toxins in the body. Most of these toxins are stored in fats and during fasting these fats can be burned and the toxins are released. The organs which involved in detoxification are liver and kidneys.
- The digestive organs rest during fasting. The normal functions of digestion especially production of digestive secretions continues but at limited rates. Fasting helps to maintain balance of fluids in the body, however, does not stop production of acids in the stomach.
Reduce Inflammatory diseases are Benefits of Fasting:
Benefits of Fasting is that it can reduce inflammatory diseases and allergies. Inflammatory diseases include arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and allergies include skin diseases i.e. psoriasis.
- Fasting increases breakdown of glucose so that the body can get energy. It reduces production of insulin as a result pancreas can rest. Glucagon is also produced which help in the breakdown of glucose resultant reduction of blood sugar.
- As through fasting glucose is break down and when the collection of glucose is exhausted, ketosis starts which is break down of fats to release energy. The fats stored in kidney and muscles are broken down and energy is released. Benefits of Fasting
Reduce Blood Pressure:
One of the most important benefit of fasting is reduction of blood pressure without using any drug. During fasting glucose and later, fat stores are used to produce energy and metabolic rate is reduced which keeps metabolic process slow and within limits as a result blood pressure is reduced.
- Through fasting weight is lost rapidly as the stored fats in the body are reduced.
- Fast reduces desire for processed foods and promotes desire for natural foods, especially water and fruits which results in promotion of healthy diet.
During fasting and balanced diet one can boost immunity. When individuals take fruits to break a fast, store of essential vitamins and minerals are increased. Vitamins A and E are good antioxidants available in fruits which help to boost immunity.
- Fasting help addicts to reduce their desires for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and other substance abuse.
May Allah accept our fasting, forgive our sins, guide us all to the straight path and bless us all during Ramadan, and also throughout the year, with His forgiveness, mercy, and peace, and bring us all closer to Him and to each other. Ameen.
2 Replies to “Spiritual and Health Benefits of Fasting”
keep it up
Today I learnt lots of benefits of fasting not only health benefits but also spiritual ones
Comments are closed.